Friday, January 28, 2011

nothing like fried cinnamon strips to keep your worries at bay

Yesterday I tried to keep my thoughts and worries at bay by baking. I made egg salad for myself for lunch. It was yummo! Then, for the first time ever, I made fried cinnamon strips.

I had printed the recipe off allrecipes.com, which I use a lot for menu planning for our family of six, a long time ago. Finally decided yesterday I was going to whip up a batch. And I am so very glad I did. And so were my children when I surprised them with this amazing after school snack.


Is your mouth watering just by looking at them? Yeah, mine neither.

What you will need:

sugar
cinnamon
nutmeg
flour tortillas
oil

The amounts of all the ingredients really depends on how many you want to make. Start by mixing the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large resealable plastic bag.

Cut tortillas into 3x5 strips or squares. Heat about 1 inch of oil in a skillet. You could use a fryer but I do not know how to work ours so I used said skillet. I fried 4 strips at a time for about 20 seconds on each side, or until they were golden brown. Drain on paper towel.

While tortillas are still warm put a few in the plastic bag with sugar mixture and shake gently to coat. Serve immediately or put in container.  

They are scrumptious!



Now go make a batch for the weekend and enjoy!

No comments: