Friday, January 22, 2010

the look only a princess could give

When this little girl, with these bold brown eyes, flashes this pitiful look at me, I want to take her in my arms and caress her soft cheek and tell her over and over again everything is going to be ok. This too shall pass.







She is the most kind and sure of herself eight year old east of the Mississippi. And west of the Mississippi come to think of it.


 


But we all have our down days. Those days we just feel a little sad and need that extra love and affection. Those days we just need a lift of our spirit.

Don't be afraid to lift someone's spirit. Be it a stranger on the street. Whether it's as simple as a hello there or a night of lending a listening ear, be there for someone. Be there for a child.

Your spirit will be lifted too. Lucky you.

4 comments:

Sari said...

Sweet Maddie, you have such a wise Mom... a Mom whose heart and spirit stretch further than I could describe.
Hang in there little one - you are going to be just fine.

I love you.

Gina said...

What a contrast to the smiling faced photos normally posted here. There is nothing harder than seeing a kid sad and wanting to help "fix it" We cant always solve every problem but we can hug those sad eyes away...

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here late Sat. night literally on the other side of the world in KLM (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) just returned from dinner and visiting with dear friends and decide to check the team of 6 blog before I go to bed and I see this picture of Maddie. So I had to comment, especially after the 3rd picture becase I know exactly what that means. I wish I could be there right now to hug you....I know it would probably help me more than help you. Let's do something special when I get home.
Love,
Granddad

Jessica said...

We can't wait for your return Dad. Everyone needs a big from you! See you soon.

love, jess