Monday, November 28, 2011

handcrafted laundry detergent

I made my own laundry detergent a few days ago.
I. Love. It.
The smell is so pure.
The cost is so low.
As a family of six we do a LOT of laundry.
Especially because Brady changes his clothes nineteen times a day.
What gives, Braids?

Now I give to you the recipe to go make your own detergent.
With photographs.
I found this recipe at MckMama's blog.


You will need the following:

8 cups of washing soda


8 cups of Borax


1 bar of unscented goat's milk soap, grated
1 Fels Naptha bar, grated (found at WalMart for 98 cents)


A few drops of essential oil for added aroma.
Lemon is what I had on hand so lemon it was.


Now marvel at your handcrafted laundry detergent!
Use about 2 tablespoons per load.


I am currently storing mine in a big purple container from WalMart.




No comments: