Wednesday, April 7, 2010

squeezing in a post

Trying to get a few thoughts and updates in while Brady rests. We will see how long it lasts.

Yesterday the kids and I traveled with our church to New Orleans. It takes about 2.5 hours to get there. We went to the IMAX and aquariam. Of course I forgot my camera so I have no pictures to show off! Grrr! The kids had a blast walking around the place with their friends. I felt like blasting my littlest son straight to the moon! He was all over the place. Wouldn't sit still for a second. Not that I expected him to. Just saying. And he is a bolter. One minute he is looking intenting at the sharks and BAM! the next minute he is gone from my sight. Lost him a couple of times. Lost my cool a couple of times. All-in-all a wonderful adventure was had by all!

We walked along the Riverwalk. It was a beautiful day! We ate beignets at an outdoor cafe. Yummy! The kids passed out on the way back and Daddy greeted us with open arms when we arrived home. I enjoyed a glass of wine and went to bed.

I have been listening to Christian music more. I am slowly reading my way through Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas and thoroughly enjoying it. What a powerful message. I am really being convicted of a lot of things in my life. I am reaching out to ladies in my community and trying to start a book club that focuses on marriage and God's idea of what a marriage should be. I feel like God is calling me to do this. Very exciting!

Still shopping for a new camera. Waiting for the one I want to go on promotion at Best Buy.

Spring has sprung in our part of the world and it is being welcomed whole heartedly by my family. Barefoot in the park if you will! Time for water fun, park madness, eating outside and soaking up the rays.

April is a busy month for our family. Baseball season is in full force and I can't wait to introduce you to our very own Muck Dog and Blue Claw! Yup! Minor league team names this year.

Madison is playing soccer and her first game is after Spring Break. She rocks at soccer with her pink polka dot socks!   

My husband leaves this month for a week. I have never been away from him for that long, nor has he been away from the kids that long. Lucky for him, his business trip is close to where he grew up so he will be seeing his family.

I still plan on formally introducing you all to my business. Some of you are well aware of what I am doing. It is just a matter of me sitting down and doing it. Which for me is the hardest part.

My husband and I are in a good season. We are seeking God and His will for our marriage. What a concept!

Well, Brady is stirring and I need to check on my dinner! Have a blessed evening!

No comments: