Monday, December 28, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

But first, see what I was was up to last week.

So, I can't stand wrapping presents. Never have enjoyed it much to be honest with you. I know some of you are gasping for air and holding your hearts as you read this cursing my name saying "how could you NOT enjoy wrapping presents?" But it's the truth. Maybe it's because I never was able to master the art of wrapping. I am horrible at it. I never cut the paper straight. Always cut way too much or way too little. Always wrap the gift upside down so the front of the present has the stupid seam showing. And twirling ribbon? Forget about it! This Christmas was no different. Still strongly dislike wrapping presents. And perhaps I was wrapping a rather large present for my husband and, once again, didn't cut enough paper. Perhaps I tried stretching the paper so it would cover the gift with all my might. Perhaps I covered the part of the gift showing with five or six bows to mask the ugliest wrapping job known to man. Perhaps I did all of that. Perhaps.

And perhaps just this evening I told my two year old that if he took his cough medicine I would give him a chocolate kiss. But, I would never bribe my child just to speed the whole take your medicine before I cram it down your throat process. Totally worked though. He jumped right up and skipped his way to the kitchen and opened wide. You little...... 




No, I did not give him an entire cupcake! The picture just went with the story.

What about you? Have any moments this past week you'd like to share with the rest of us?

1 comment:

Jo said...

A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down. If it is good enough for Mary Poppins it is good enough for me... (you too!)

Jo