Saturday, June 4, 2011

W

A few weeks ago, I found myself in a bind around dinner time and was forced to load our four lovelies in to the car. Mission at hand: get in and get out of the store as fast as humanly possible. Do not make eye contact with anyone 

I had not showered.
I had been cleaning all day.
You can imagine how much I was loathing the trip to the store.
But a wife and a mother gotta do what a wife and a mother gotta do.
Feed her family dinner, of course.

Anyway.

As I was walking through the store getting the items I needed I noticed people glancing our way.
Now this isn't necessarily an unusual occurrence.
Ever since our children were very little people have glanced our way and smiled.
Or shook their heads in disbelief. Or because they had a twitch.
We have received comments on how beautiful and well behaved our children are.
We have received comments like "You sure have your hands full" and "Boy there is never a dull moment in your house."
Nothing I had not heard before.
So getting glances our way doesn't usually rub me funny.
But this day they did.
I kept looking around thinking maybe Brady was climbing up a canned goods display or Luke was chasing Micah in between the clothes racks to our left.
Nope. Neither.
Maybe I had something on my face or in my teeth.
Perhaps I had forgotten to wear a bra....again.
Or maybe it was the sheer filthiness of my hair.

I knew at this point I needed to move quickly and conquer this mission.
So that is what I did.

Later that evening as my exhausted, and now clean mind you, self got ready for bed, I glanced at the t-shirt I had worn that day. The t-shirt I wore to the store.
It was an AH HA! moment like no other.
I smiled and chuckled.


So that's why all the glances and smiles and whispers and snorts!
It wasn't my children.
It was this AWESOME shirt I was wearing that attracted so much attention. 
And yes, I would do it again. 

No comments: