Monday, February 21, 2011

straight talk

It's Monday. Boooooooo! I want to rewind back to Friday and enjoy the weekend with my family again. The weather here is gorgeous. Simply perfect. We spent the majority of our weekend outside at baseball practice, birthday parties and lounging at the beach. Yes, that's right, the beach in February.

We are adding baseball practice to our after school activities and I am feeling a tad bit overwhelmed. At least until basketball season is over. The two overlap by about three weeks. I am so ready for baseball season though. I thoroughly enjoy watching my boys play. I also love the fact that families in the small town we live in also love watching their sons and daughters play. At any given time you will find parents and grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins galore. They are cheering, smiling, fellowshipping, munching and soaking up the sun. It's really great.

My husband and I have been talking about a lot about what we want for our family, especially our children. What are the values that we want our children to take as their own and live out loud. Honesty, compassion, service to others, having a joyful heart, a strong love for the Lord and more. My husband and I are both growing in our faith and our personal relationships with God. This growth has changed our marriage and our parenting for the better, and I only see great things to come. Our family is being called by Him. I am not sure for what just yet, but I can hear Him.

Brady asked me the other day if penis was a bad word. His hair is getting really long and he is going through a growth spurt. He will be four next month.

There was a two month old baby girl sitting in front of us at church Sunday. My uterus was doing jumping jacks. My husband was wide-eyed. He has always been a sucker for babies. After church he told that my mother mouthed to him that we need one of those, while pointing to the baby girl. Yeah, he is not so sure just yet.

And on that note, I bid you farewell for now. Going to load Brady up and go for a walk down by the bay. Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Gina said...

We had fun cuddling a friends baby today. My 12 year old daughter asked me if I would consider having another baby. I was speechless! I told her we can have all the baby cuddles helping out my friend with babysitting. What is it about babies that melts everyones hearts!!!