Thursday, September 30, 2010

trail mix

I have been trying to mix it up a bit when it comes to our kids school snacks. I know they get tired of the same old snacks and frankly my husband and I get tired as well. I have to be honest and tell you most mornings my dear husband packs their lunches. Isn't he a gem!

The other week I made my very own trail mix and it was a hit, for the most part. And it was cheap! Here is what I put in ours.

Yummy peanuts.

Sweet raisins.


Delicious dried cranberries.


Sunflower kernels.


Dark chocolate chips(kids favorite).


Pita chips(not a favorite of our crew).


Mini marshmallows.


Cheerios.


And there you have it! No measuring needed. I just added, mixed and sampled, added, mixed and sampled!

You know, to make sure it was OK for the kids to eat.

And it was.
   

I even went so far as to have ziploc bags already pre-assembled in the pantry for the kids to enjoy after school or to make it easy to throw in a lunch box.

Now get mixin!

1 comment:

The Frugal Free Gal said...

This is great!! I need to make some of this! ;)