Monday, September 13, 2010

straight talk

I am sitting down attempting to get in some quick straight talk while Brady sleeps. He had a rough morning and fell asleep in my lap while I was talking to my husband on the phone. He has picked up some potty words(Brady, not my husband) from his older siblings and it has been quite the challenge to rid him of them. The weather here is gorgeous so Brady and I played at the park this morning while we waited for my mom to get her hair cut.

I am still contemplating homeschooling our children. I have gotten in touch with one family from our church and hope to talk to others in our area. There is so much information it is overwhelming to research online. One great benefit I see is having our oldest three, or at least our oldest two, learning the exact same things! They are so close in age that pairing some subjects would be ideal and concentrate on English and writing on an individual basis. So much about homeschooling just makes sense. I met a woman at the park today and her daughter has 36 kids in her 5th grade class. That is a lot of students! Too many, if you ask me.

Our Saturdays from now until mid November are filled with football games. The boys each had their first games this past Saturday and what a blast we all had. My husband coaches Luke's team. Madison cheers for Luke's team. Micah is a running back and safety. Luke plays defensive end and center.

I am still reading(and loving) the book Sacred Marriage. It has only taken me about seven months so far. I am starting a book club that focuses on God's plan for our marriages and the woman's role in marriage. I am really looking forward to the fellowship.

My mom and I are driving to Atlanta tomorrow and staying until Wednesday. I am attempting to get everything in order for my husband who will be juggling all things little for the next two days. He is such as awesome father, I have complete faith in him!

I am off now to take some Advil for a neck ache I can't get rid of. Happy Monday!  

2 comments:

Colie's Kitchen said...

Hi I am Nicole from ColiesKitchen.com I found you on a blog hop and wanted to drop by and say hi. I really like your blog, and am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance.

Keli said...

Thanks for linking up to Friendly Wednesday!

I too am wrestling with homeschooling my boys, I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. :/ Good luck with your decision! We have football filled days also, it's all for them, it makes him so happy!

www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com