Thursday, June 24, 2010

my brother's memorial

For those of you who don't know, My brother was killed in a car accident April 9. He was sixteen years old. It continues to be a difficult journey for our family. Emotions are running high. His friend's have been amazing as they have rallied together and supported each other as they too mourn their loss.

A week or so after Martin's tragic death, some of his friends got together and created a driftwood memorial for him. My husband and I were there with our four children. My parents were there. It was such an awesome process to watch and be a part of. These teenagers have such class and truly are givers of their love, time, and hearts. I am so very grateful that my brother was surrounded by this group of kids and all of his friends. He was truly blessed.


























What an AWESOME creation by an EXTRAORDINARY group of young men and women!
 

2 comments:

Susie said...

That was such a sweet thing to do. He did have a good group of friends that loved him.

Gina said...

That is beautiful. He has a good group of friends for them to go to the effort to remember him like that.