Saturday, May 22, 2010

straight talk

Today, my husband and I have been cleaning out our garage. It really needed it and I have had the urge to get it done for weeks now. Trying to get a jump start on organizing things before summer vacation begins. We threw a lot of stuff away and donated a lot of stuff. It sure does feel good to downsize and purge.
It is a scorcher here. In the 90's I believe. The kids have been playing with their friends, running through the sprinkler, and made up some 'dunk your head in a bucket game'. Our neighbor, Bryan, holds the neighborhood record for dunking his head in the bucket the longest. Seventeen seconds I think it was. Impressive.
We have a bird nest in our tree in the front yard again this year. Bird nests make me so happy! The Mama bird layed three eggs and they hatched the other week. So we have three tiny baby birds in our tree. The kids are keeping a close eye them. The Mama comes around often to feed her babes. I took some pictures today and hope to post them soon.
My parents are coming over for dinner tonight. My husband is going to grill out. After dinner we will have a bonfire and make s'mores. Yummy!

What are you up to today?

3 comments:

Gina said...

Sounds like you are having a good day today Jessica,
It's always a good feeling doing a clear out. The weather here in Australia is getting pretty chilly and we have had heavy rains for a few days now. This morning we are up early. I'm making breakfast and my hubby has popped down to the local baker for some croissants. We are heading to the kids school for 9am for a gardening day to spruce the grounds up. My enthusiasm is low now but hopefully after a nice warm cup of tea I'll be more in the mood. Looking forward to seeing your latest photos.
Glad to hear you sounding a bit happier.
Gina

Susie said...

Sounds like a scorcher day. We are expected to get in the 90's beginning tomorrow here also.At least the kiddos had fun. I had a nice day also.My grandson had a 11th bowling birthday party. Lots of fun spending time with him and my other granddaughter and friends and family.

Sari said...

Love love the smiles on your faces (mmm, what's up Micah...?) - your blog picture is wonderful!