Friday, October 30, 2009

which way to go

I struggle with something. In fact, I struggle with this particular 'thing' just about every day. Some days are better than others. Many emotions come with my struggle. Sadness, hurtfulness, anger, rejection, confusion. It has been over two years now that I have been dealing with this. Have you ever struggled with something?

I think about it every day. Some days it weighs extremely heavy and others not so much. Some days it affects everthing I do. Some days it doesn't. I have talked about with my family, close friends, our priest, and a counselor. It helps to talk about it. It doesn't solve it, but it helps to put it in perspective. What can I do to relieve my struggling? Because ultimately, I am the only one, with God's help, who is going to wash it all away. I have to constantly remind myself that I have the choice of how to look at aspects of my life. Just as I tell our four children, it's all about the choices we make. You can choose to bang on the table AGAIN with your fork, but you will reap the consequences. You can choose to play in the water even after I have said no twenty-seven times, but you will not be happy with the outcome. Just like we stress to our children about making the right choices, choosing to do the right thing, we must also listen to our own advice! I can choose how I deal with my struggle and I can choose to get help. You know what I have chosen? To be positive. To reach out to those who are Godly and support what is good and Biblical. It's not always the easy way to go, don't get me wrong. But it is the right way to go. All other ways will only take you, and me, in circles. I don't know about you, but going in circles never got me anywhere. Be positive, seek Godly support and wisdom, and don't sweat the small stuff. Life is precious so choose wisely.    

7 comments:

The (Un)Experienced Mom said...

GREAT post! Boy do I wish it was that easy sometimes. That you could just tell yourself to pick the positive choice and be at peace with it. Or even making a choice at all - that can be hard sometimes!

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back, too!

Tamara
http://theunexperiencedmom.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

You are right in that we can't always control what happens to us but we CAN choose how we react to it. We can keep going round that same old mountain or we can choose to let go and let God and he WILL take us out of the wilderness to the other side and bring some good out of it.

Whatever it is that you are struggling with, I hope you can find peace about it.

Blessing,

Sharon

Staci said...

Great post. You are so right. I think about it all the time how I constantly tell my kids that they have choices to make about their behavior and how they react to certain situations. What I often forget is to remember my own advice!

Melis said...

I loved this post... I have a few things like that... I get you 100%.

Thanks for your compliment - it means so much! I'm going to be back to yours too! (Though I've been a slacker, I'll step up my game and post again soon, I promise!)

Nice to "meet" you!

Amanda said...

I could not agree with you more about the reaching out to Godly support... that is essential!!!

I hope that you have a wonderfully strong and faithful support system!

God bless-
Amanda

Jo said...

I love you sister-girl! I am sorry that you have this struggle. Know I am always here for you when you need me. You are such a wonderful mom and wife, I don't know how you do it. Chin up! xoxo!

Jo

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post Jess.

You are a strong woman, mother, and wife and your words are always uplifting and positive. I hope you know just how dear you are to me.

Sending prayers your way. God is working.