Friday, October 2, 2009

game time



Last weekend we loaded everyone up and headed to an SEC football game. The kids were so excited! It was about a 4 hour drive total so we drove halfway Friday and stayed in a hotel. One hotel room, two double beds, four children, and two adults. Good times, right? Making those memories! WRONG!!! The hotel room was frigid and felt damp the entire night. My husband had to resort to sleeping on the floor because there was no chance of him and two children squeezing in a double bed. I slept with Micah and Brady who tossed and turned the whole night and kicked covers off and drove his dagger like toenails in to my side. Luke refused to sleep in pajamas so I worried about him all night not being comfortable. Finally, after I had just fallen asleep somewhat soundly and comfortably, my alarm goes off telling me it is time to get ready for the game.

Luckily, we were all so excited to get to the game and start tailgating with our family, getting ready was a breeze. It took us about an hour and a half to get to the stadium. I don't know about where you live, but in my neck of the woods it has been raining A LOT. Almost every day. So we went to the game prepared for the worst rainy weather Starkville has ever seen. Sure enough, ten minutes before we even arrived at the stadium, the rain came fiercely upon us. We waited it out in the car for awhile.

The rain slacked off a bit and we decided it was time to load up our tailgaiting gear and head to the tent! So that is what we did. The rain picked up. The rain came harder and harder. We were dodging major puddles. Well I was at least. The children managed to jump directly in each one. We were soaked from head to toe.

But you know what. We had a blast at the game and then tailgating afterwards! What energy a college campus has! What fun it is to watch an SEC football game from the stadium seats! We ate hot dogs and pizza and soft pretzels and nachos! We cheered and chanted and waved and yelled! The rain did stop. The smiles on children's faces were priceless. The fans were loyal and energetic. The mood was awesome. I felt like a kid myself! It was a good day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: